Re: Digital modes

On the back of the 847 there is a PKT jack - you can hookup to the 9600
RX audio there and all the other signals you need.  You'll need a 9600
baud G3RUH compatible packet modem for AO-51 and GO-32.  You need the
WISP software because these satellites data format is PBBS not APRS like
ISS and terrestrial packet.  I don't use WISP to control my radio or
rotator - Uni_Trac does that for me.  There is also a PSK uplink mode on
AO-51 - you can use and PSK software program for that.

AO-16 uses 9600 satellite PSK but it's only on the downlink - I used
MIXW to decode it and UPW to uplink - these are soundcard based
software.

HTH.

73's

Don Woodward