RE: Suitsat SSTV signal, No QRM

Hi David,

Good catch.

There will not be any QRM from the ISS packet during
the SuitSat 2-6 week project.
This is because the D700 will be
doing a different expirement on a different band
while SuitSat is active.

No details on the D700 project until SuitSat is
activated.

Miles

--- David Barber <david.barber@dbelectronics.co.uk>

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/maillist/maillist.php

> [...]
> whole process will repeat approximately every 9
> minutes.
>  (Robot 36 format).
>
> All transmissions will be in FM mode and will be on
> the 2-meter amateur radio satellite band. The
> current
> frequency for SuitSat is 145.990 FM Downlink only
> (There is no uplink for this satellite).  This means
> that the Doppler frequency drift will not be much of
> problem and you will be able to use your existing
> 2-meter station or a police scanner to hear and
> decode
> the signals SuitSat.
>
> If you have already have been successful in working
> the Packet station or talked to the ISS crew on
> 2-meter voice, than you already have most of what
> you
> need.
> What's left is to connect your computer to the
> speaker
> of your radio and some SSTV decoding software, such
> as
> ChromaPix http://www.barberdsp.com/ or similar
> software.
>
> So have fun, find your best setup and start
> practicing
> how to decode SSTV on 2-meters.
>
> Slow Scan TV Decoding Software
> Here are just two of the many Share-Ware SSTV
> applications on the market.  There may be many more.
>
> W95SSTV by Silicon Pixels
> http://www.barberdsp.com/w95sstv/w95dload.htm
>
> MMSSTV
> http://mmhamsoft.ham-radio.ch/
>
> There are also many High quality pay software
> applications that offer many more features, such as
> multiple windows that allow your to simultaneously
> receive an image while preparing your next image
> that
> you want to transmit.
>
> CPIX
> http://www.barberdsp.com/
>
> What is Slow Scan TV:
> On this web page you will find many links to  help
> you
> learn more about Slow Scan TV
> http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/sstvlinkpage.html
>
> Tips on how to use ISS, SSTV, Packet and Voice
> http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/howtouseiss.html
>

> Location of Hardware on ISS
> This link will show you images of some of the
> amateur
> radio hardware already installed on ISS
> http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/radiohardware.html
>
> Marexmg Web page
> http://www.marexmg.org
>
> 73 Miles WF1F MAREX-MG
>
> Until we meet again
>
> --- Breakey Mark <kb7rhi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can you review what equipment is required for the
> > suitsat SSTV decoding.  I volunteer at a local
> high
> > school and this would be an awesome demo to show
> the
> > kids.  I just renewed my membership today after it
> > had
> > lapsed, I have had no time for the birds this

=== message truncated ===