Re: Digital modes

Hello Jamie,

Good to hear your interest has been sparked!  That's one good reason for the bird to rotate schedules.

Here is the best source I can think of:

http://www.amsat-na.com/item.php?id=100043

It's a fresh revision, and the information is great (thanks to Gould's hard work!).

I recommmend a copy for anybody that wants to work the digital birds...

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "James C. Hall MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
> Date: 2005/11/10 Thu PM 04:32:54 EST
> To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Digital modes
>
> Hello:
>
> I was observing the reports when AO-51 was in digital mode and that is
> something I have never done (other than with ISS). So I pulled out my
> Satellite Handbook to check this possibility out. Seems that it is quite
> a bit different than terrestrial packet. I do have a FT-847 that is 9600
> baud ready, but what to plug into it. I have a KAM Plus and a SCS PTC
> TNC/modems but these are not specific for satellite PSK. It seems that
> from my reading PacComm has been an early leader in this.
>
> What say the digital bird gurus ?
>
> 73, Jamie
> WB4YDL

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]