Digital modes

Hello:

I was observing the reports when AO-51 was in digital mode and that is
something I have never done (other than with ISS). So I pulled out my
Satellite Handbook to check this possibility out. Seems that it is quite
a bit different than terrestrial packet. I do have a FT-847 that is 9600
baud ready, but what to plug into it. I have a KAM Plus and a SCS PTC
TNC/modems but these are not specific for satellite PSK. It seems that
from my reading PacComm has been an early leader in this.

What say the digital bird gurus ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL