OSCAR numbers

>>> "Graham Shirville" <g.shirville@btinternet.com>
>I am deighted to ... report that... SSETI has been
>given the designation Express OSCAR 53.

Congratulations!  It is well diserved!

It is always good to see the OSCAR numbers
increase showing the amount of amateur radio
accomplishments in space over the last 44 years.

Interestingly, we were a little surprised and
disappointed that AMSAT denied an OSCAR number
for PCSAT2 because it is physically attached to
the ISS even though it is completely self contained
and self sufficent.

The only reason it is attached is so that we can
bring it back after 1 year of space exposure to
evaluate the effects of space on solar cells.
We were looking forward to being the first OSCAR
ever returned to Earth and still working.

de WB4APR