Re: helix antenna for sale

Bob,

This topic has come up before, and more than once.  Each time there
is a flurry of messages in support of list members posting for sale
items.  I for one have absolutely no problem with this, and think it
should be allowed.  Much of my current satellite gear is from list
members and EBay, I wouldn't be on the sats if it wasn't for those
two sources.  Please, keep posting you messages.  It's not like I see
them more than once a month, which is just fine.

For those on the list, I do believe I have purchased one of Bob's
antennas in the past.  It's currently sitting on my 1m dish and has
been used many many times to monitor AO-51.  I was looking forward to
using it with SSETI since I could finally transmit using mode U/s (my
SB-2000 has a 2M IF and I don't have a sequencing solution yet).

I personally believe this topic is silly and have no problem standing
up and saying so.

-Freeman, N5FPP

On Nov 7, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Robert V Johnson wrote:

> Gentlemen
> I had a feeling this issue would pop up.  I suppose you could call
> it a
> business of sorts.  I prefer to call it my 'L' band financial
> development
> fund.  As we all know this can be an expensive hobby and as per my
> XYL,
> this keeps peace within the W7LRD household.  I have developed a
> way to
> make these "widgets" efficiently with attention to detail.  I
> believe for
> a very reasonable price.  This is the ONLY  place (amsat-bb) where
> I can
> draw attention to my "widgets".  Many of you I consider a friend
> and have
> meet personally.  Hopefully I am not breaking any ethical or actual
> rules.  If I am it is unintentional, I do not want to ruffle any
> feathers
> out there.  As seen in some postings we can stray far from
> communicating
> and developing this fantastic hobby.  From time to time I will plant
> myself in my little shop and carefully make a few of more "widgets".
> Hopefully my small endeavor is acceptable.  I provide a usefull
> "widget",
> for a reasonable price.  Also you don't want to argue or try to
> negotiate
> radio funds with W7LRD' XYL.
>
> 73 Bob W7LRD
> Seattle
>
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:27:12 EST G0MRF@aol.com writes:
>> OK.  A benefit to all........then fair enough.
>>
>> cfm
>>

>> David    G0MRF
>>

>> In a message dated 07/11/2005 12:07:29 GMT Standard Time,
>> tyler881@adelphia.net writes:
>>
>> Sure it  looks like a business, but if I can buy one of his for a
>> few bucks
>> as  opposed to building one of my own after many hours of
>> frustration, I'm
>> going to buy his in a second.
>>
>> He's not advertising cell phones or  comic books.  They are antennas
>>
>> specificially made for amsat  comms.
>>
>> I'm a prospective buyer and this goes along with making it  easier
>> for me
>> (the guy who doesn't have enough time to build a lot of  stuff) to
>> get onto a
>>
>> bird.
>>
>> Tyler
>> KM3G
>> ----
>> Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
>> author.
>> Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
>> program!
> author.
> program!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
     -- Sir Winston Churchill

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]