Re: thread

On 4 Nov 2005 at 10:59, ANTHONY JAPHA wrote:

> Greetings all,
> I read the bb often, and find it extremely helpful.  Thanks to all of you who make it so.
>
> I must chime in, though, on one of the current threads: the very last thing we need is to restrict participation in this bb.  If our piece of the hobby is going to survive,
we've got to bring in many more participants.  That's what all the educational activity many are engaged in is all about.  SSETI is a good example.  Pardon me, but taking
steps to limit access to the bb would be steps in precisely the wrong direction.

> Hope to CU on the birds.
>
> 73,
> Tony, N2UN

Just to remind you this "threads" is about NOT restricting 99% of what we can see on this BB but to avoid the !% who should not be there EG:  "you may not post content that
is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law,
or that is otherwise inappropriate."

It is done on many electronic bulletin board, chat room, ect... There is absolutely no reason why AMSAT refuse to implemented rules of discussion on his bulletin board. As
for the posting only privileges as a members i find it is normal as you wrote "If our piece of the hobby is going to survive, we've got to bring in many more participants"
and by extension members for AMSAT. Taking the services without paying for it is not sound and it is offensive for the memberships.

I know that some dislike those who refuse to take as granted this situation only on the base it existed since many years. I reiterate if AMSAT want to increased his
membership they should differentiate more the membership privileges. As of today the main difference is the AMSAT journal. Who will complain non members?

Hope i clarify my minding.

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe

CC AMSAT BOD