Re: Ohio State Wildflower

On 3 Nov 2005 at 20:17, David B. Toth wrote:

> At 09:21 AM 11/3/2005, kb8rtz@comcast.net wrote:
> >Rumor has it that Ohio's official flower is destined to change to either
> >"orange floweer" or "road blossom" which happen to be in season through
> >all seasons. :-)
> >
> >Patrick...kb8rtz...
>
> Patrick, the Trillium is also the provincial flower of Ontario
>
> Dave VE3GYQ/W8
> Spencerville, Ohio

Speaking flower

In the province of Quebec the Iris versicolor is the official flower and she has special medicinal properties :a depurative with particular application to skin disease or to
chronic torpidity (glandular system); combines well with Chelone glabra. for more detail see: http://www.arcadyholistic.ca/HHPPages/genIris%20versicolor.htm and
http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2049008.html  It is also a Homeopathic Remedy see http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2333000.html see also
http://res2.agr.ca/london/herb/iris_e.htm

On the Quebec provincial flag it is not the same flower it is the Iris pseudacorus Marsh iris as per some botanist. but there is a contreversy on this see
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/atc-ac/qc_e.cfm

I don't know if she has calming properites

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe