Re: A REAL INTERNATIONAL AMSAT first draft

At 07:43 AM 11/4/2005, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
>On 4 Nov 2005 at 6:53, Tony Langdon wrote:
>
> > At 03:16 AM 11/4/2005, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
>
> > The flaw in your logic is that list is NOT a service to members.  It
> > is a service to ALL satellite users,
>
>Why am i paying my membership? if i have access to near all the
>services that a non member has? The journal"?

The journal is a member service as far as I know...  And maybe AMSAT
needs to be creative there too...

> >and should be a potential recruiting ground for new members
>
>It can be the same.  Reading privileges will always be there but to
>post on it you should pay your membership fee

No, that breeds elitism.  I am the type that doesn't linger long
around read only forums.  You've just lost me (and many others) by
doing that.  Got better things to do than pay for just write
access...  Never got to ask what those satellite thingys were all
about.... ;) (just imagining being a newbie all over again).

>  (though this thread isn't doing a
> > lot for that... ick, politics is so off putting)...  And there's an
> > easy way to end that side of the debate...  Simply move the bb to
> > Google Groups or similar, and someone else is providing the resources
> > (not that I want to, just making a point).
>
>It can be a very valid alternative. And this can solved the problem
>of "who will be in charge to control the BB?" On Google groups there
>are very stick rules of discussion,
>but AMSAT as the originator will take the burden if Google wants to
>sanctioned the group.

Well, I was just putting it there as a lateral solution, not a
serious proposition, but yes, it is an alternative...

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com