Re: A REAL INTERNATIONAL AMSAT first draft

On 4 Nov 2005 at 6:53, Tony Langdon wrote:

> At 03:16 AM 11/4/2005, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:

> The flaw in your logic is that list is NOT a service to members.  It
> is a service to ALL satellite users,

Why am i paying my membership? if i have access to near all the services that a non member has? The journal"?

>and should be a potential recruiting ground for new members

It can be the same.  Reading privileges will always be there but to post on it you should pay your membership fee

 (though this thread isn't doing a
> lot for that... ick, politics is so off putting)...  And there's an
> easy way to end that side of the debate...  Simply move the bb to
> Google Groups or similar, and someone else is providing the resources
> (not that I want to, just making a point).

It can be a very valid alternative. And this can solved the problem of "who will be in charge to control the BB?" On Google groups there are very stick rules of discussion,
but AMSAT as the originator will take the burden if Google wants to sanctioned the group.

> 73 de VK3JED
> http://vkradio.com

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE