A REAL INTERNATIONAL AMSAT first draft

Prior to issued my first draft for giving AMSAT-NA a new international look there is something to be done to the AMSAT bulletin board unmoderated public forum.

Here is my suggestions

1-AMSAT-BB should be moderated
2-AMSAT-BB posting should be reserved for AMSAT members only (reading can be public)
3-A guide line as "RULES FOR DISCUSSION" should be implemented

I already  (ad nausem ) made at numerous time theses suggestion to the BOD. I even tested 2 years ago the impact of someone who willingly and on purpose try to disturb the
normal course of discussion on the BB. Recent testing only confirm the same potential problems. This has been reported to the BOD but it seems theses ideas are facing a brick
wall!

i give you a draft of  "RULES FOR DISCUSSION" inspired by what we see actually in the electronic media industry.

Before even trying to discuss sensible subjects,  AMSAT-BB users integrity should be protected by AMSAT and it is the duty of his BOD and officers. I cannot believe the
membership be insulted on an AMSAT BULLETIN BOARD with the aprooval of the BOD and his officers. If it is this new AMSAT that our president want to offer us it is not what's
i dream of in 1977. Even the new internet generation will not accept to be part of such a group who fail to act to protect his own membership.

MESSAGE BOARDS

RULES FOR DISCUSSION

AMSAT welcomes your participation in our Live Online Forums as well as in our Discussion Forums. In addition
to the multitude of content available to you already on AMSAT WEB SITE, it is our hope through these forums to offer
you the chance to interact with AMSAT members, (***and with other satellite users***).

In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these
minimal rules. These rules are only a minimum; in addition to complying with these rules, we ask that you also
exercise common sense and generally be considerate toward your fellow users. By participating either in the Live
Online Forum or in the Discussion Forums, you are consenting to these rules.

1. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. You will not knowingly post content
that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party (such as
full-text reproduction of third-party content or other similar violations) and that you will remove the same
should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you may not post content that is libelous,
defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any
applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify
AMSAT from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees)
resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.

2. You understand and agree that AMSAT is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. You further
understand that, on the unmoderated discussion forums, AMSAT does not monitor the content posted.
Nevertheless, AMSAT	may monitor the discussion forums as it chooses and reserves the right to remove, edit or
otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason whatever without consent. We further reserve
the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forums.

3. You understand and agree that these discussion forums are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may
not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in non-commercial activity in our discussion
forums.

4. The discussion forums are for text only.

5. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums
at your own risk. AMSAT-NA is not in any manner endorsing the content of the discussion groups and cannot and
will not vouch for its reliability.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583