AMSAT HELAPS Documentation Online

Dear All,

Many of you may have heard about the high efficient and power saving technology for transponders "HELAPS" used on the AMSAT Phase-3 satellites, like AO-10, AO-13, AO-40, etc.

Prof Dr. Karl Meinzer, DJ4ZC wrote this in 1973, including an article for the VHF communications magazine.
Thanks to Karl and with his permission, we have scanned his documents into an .PDF File and make it available for everyone to download.

		http://www.amsat-dl.org/dl/HELAPS_de.pdf
		http://www.amsat-dl.org/dl/HELAPS_en.pdf

We hope this helps to ensure that the HELAPS technology is fully understood and that it will be used also in the future projects, like SDX (software defined transponder), perhaps to create a fully Software Defined Helaps Transponder...

best 73s

Peter, DB2OS
President AMSAT-DL