RE: Towards a true international AMSAT

Listen, you blithering idiot, first of all, you chose to make public a
reply that I had sent privately to you.  Therefore, I am making public
my own opinions, without your censorship.

The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, also known as AMSAT, is a
US-based corporation.  It can be no other, under the laws by which it
was incorporated and under which it operates.  If you can tell me under
what international government a group can be "internationally
incorporated", I'll support that move.  Under the laws that govern this
organization, those of the United States of America, it is possible to
have a group that has non-US members and even non-US officers.  The
"AMSAT-NA" that you refer to is a shorthand abbreviation that is used to
easily identify the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation.  Other
identifiers are used to identify societies in other countries, but only
for ease of determining the countries in which they operate.

Nowhere in the Bylaws or Articles of Incorporation does it say that the
Corporation represents the interests of any country or continent.

Nowhere in the Bylaws or Articles of Incorporation does it say that
there is any limit on who can be a member.  Too bad.  There could be an
intelligence test that certainly would screen out idiots like you.

It IS stated in the Articles that one of the purposes is "Fostering
international goodwill and cooperation through joint experimentation and
study, and through the wide participation in these activities on a
noncommercial basis by radio amateurs of the world."

Seeing as you've done what you could to create discontent and hinder any
goodwill in the great majority of e-mails I've seen from you, it is MY
opinion that you should be booted out of AMSAT. I do not claim to speak
for any one else, although I'm sure many people agree with me.

If you want to start an "AMSAT-CA" or whatever you choose to use an
identifier, you're more than welcome, although I can't imagine anyone
being of such low intelligence or self-esteem that they would agree to
be associated with any group that you started.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO