RE: Towards a true international AMSAT

On 31 Oct 2005 at 10:27, Reicher, James wrote:

> Seeing as how AMSAT-NA "is organized exclusively for scientific
> purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to
> organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section
> 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954" "pursuant to the
> District of Columbia Non-profit Corporation Act" (quotes are from the
> Articles of Incorporation), you are completely erroneous in your
> assumption that AMSAT-NA is an international organization.  It is a US
> corporation, whose members include people and/or societies in other
> countries.

I'm aware of that and that's why in accord with the article 3 of AMSAT Bylaws and by the actual minding of the actual BOD they feel that are representing Canada Mexico and US
interest and even more AMSAT-NA this NA is for North America. If AMSAT is not representing North America as an international entity i will recommend BOD to change this name
for AMSAT-US!

If AMSAT opens his membership internationnaly in his Bylaws it makes sense they want to represent international interest!
see below.

ARTICLE III - "MEMBERSHIP, DUES AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP"

Section 1

Membership shall be open internationally to any person or group indicating an interest in supporting the purposes, objectives and activities of the Corporation. An applicant
for membership shall complete an application form and membership shall become effective upon receipt of membership dues.
Section 2

Thank's for your inputs and as " A US corporation, whose members include people and/or societies in other countries." that's what i am suggesting an amendment to the bylaws
to reflect this international inclusion in the scope of AMSAT-NA and not AMSAT-US who is irrelevant as per the actual BOD mindings. We should not forget also AMSAT
relationship with ARISS and the International space station who is funded here in North-America by Canada and the United States. The international membership acceptance
included in AMSAT bylaws make it an evidence and a logical and a normal course of action to follow.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe