From: "Ian Ashley" <iana@kcbbs.gen.nz>
To: "Radu Barza" <barza@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Cc: "Freddy Pranajaya" <freddyp@utias-sfl.net>; <STLee@calpoly.edu>;
<operation@space.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>; <ncube@rocketrange.no>;
<missioncontrol@sseti.org>; <g.shirville@btinternet.com>; "Devere George T
GS-14 AFSPC/XPYC" <Taft.Devere@PETERSON.af.mil>; "Yohko"
<yohko@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>; "'Amsat-bb'" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>;
"Jenkins Edna L Civ 1 SPCS/DOME" <Edna.Jenkins@cheyennemountain.af.mil>;
"Randolph Jason C GS-13 AFSPC/XPYC" <Jason.Randolph@PETERSON.af.mil>;
<nakasuka@space.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:50 AM
Subject: UWE-1 heard in New Zealand 00:17 to 00:22z 30th Oct05

Dear Radu,
Attached are two files from the same packet I decoded. One has 64 bytes,
the other 71. (Not too sure what is the difference.)

I started listenening at the AOS time of 00:08, but heard nothing until
about 00:17:47z when I heard the first packet. The only packet to decode
was at 00:18:47z (the logged time from Alogger was about 30 seconds
fast). The signal indicated S7 compared to the residual noise level of S1.
I then heard packets every minute with just a blip at 00:20:12, but full
lenght packets at 00:20:46, 00:21:47, (S6 but no decode), and the last
dectectable signal was at 00:22:47 with S2 and this was past my LOS
time. I was using the Object D 28893 keps.

I have the signals recorded in a Wav file but it's about 16Mb and I'm on
a dialup connection.

The satellite would be in full sunlight.

The header with the time stamp was inserted by Alogger 2.03 which I use
with PCSAT2

!S 00:19:09 !DP0UWE>DD0UWE-9 <UI C>:S""%"{Xف{#

Glad to report some good news.
regards,
Ian Ashley ZL1AOX