From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Kyle Yoksh
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 17:58 UTC
To: amsat-bb
Subject: [amsat-bb] icom ic-12at on L/s?

Hi to the list,

A friend has loaned me an Icom IC-12at HT. This is a 1 watt
1.2 GHz radio, complete with PL tone encoder. He has two of these radios,
and
we want to use them on the uplink for AO-51 while it's in mode L/s.

I'm looking for suggestions and ideas from those of you with L band
experience. This will be my very first exposure to L, and we'd like to know
what antennas you're using, how much RF output is required to make
successful
L/s contacts, etc. Hopefully 1 watt to the right antenna will result in
success on L/s.

Thanks for any suggestions.

73 for now,

Kyle Yoksh