Re: sseti

Quoting "Mr Jeffrey L. Ross (kc8gkf)" <res0y3af1@verizon.net>:

> hi all, anyone have the name of the sseti rocket or main sat onboard?
> wanting
> the keps from heavens above. how about the time the sseti comes over the
> usa?
> anyone have that for the first passes? thanks sseti amateur kc8gkf 9600
> baud.
> ----

Jeff:

If you download the SERACC software at
http://sseti.gte.tuwien.ac.at/express/mop/index.php?uri=downloads.html, you'll
get a free prediction program built in. Since this package also includes the
telemetry decoding, etc., you'll probably want it. The TLE provided in that
package worked for me about 1.5h ago. Unfortunately, my TH-D7A and arrow antenna
were not able to decode the packet on a 24 deg. elevation pass, but I did get
periodic bursts of S2 'quiet noise' indicative of 9600 data, and the doppler was
about right.

73, VE9QRP