RE: Low power QRP 5 watt on AO-51

Hello Tanan, hams in Thailand and Group,

Congratulations for your success in operating satellite QRP.  Your
achievement in using 1 and 5 watts to operate satellite is very good
especially in this region where there are many high power illegal stations
operating on the uplink frequency.  This can be proven by the amount of QRM
when AO-51 is operating without the uplink tone.

I must say that, even with a 10 element vertically polarized 2M yagi for the
uplink, I still cannot get into AO-51 & SO-50 during day and night passes
reliably with 5 watts of power.  It takes at least 25 watts of power, or
else my signal will be cut off frequently by those QRM.  However, with the
same setup, I can get in reliably (crystal clear audio, no cut off, no
background noise) to SO-50 with only 1 watt but at 4 am in the morning.  So
I believe that those high power stations are blocking the uplink.

Good luck in future satellite QRP projects.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.