Re: Yaesu Rotator schematics

Hi Don,

It works as follows:

1. The MCP42010 is a dual digital pot with an SPI interface.

2. The SPI interface is connected to a PC parallel port and
    the software "bit-bangs" the interface with the satellite
    Az and El. This sets the pot outputs

3. The digital pot provides reference voltages for the AZ and El.

4. The LM339 is a quad comparator that compares the reference voltages
    from the digital pots with the AZ and EL feedback positions from
    the rotors. There is an output each for UP, DOWN, RIGHT and LEFT.

5. The LM339 has open collector outputs that will directly connect to
    the four inputs that drive the relays on the 5400 controller box.

It really is that simple.

73,
Tony AA2TX