Re: QRP 1 watt on AO-51 successfully

My usual rig is a Yaesu VX-1R, with 500 mW.  I've worked all the FM
leos, and also had a QSO with Susan Helms on the ISS a few years back on
Field Day Sunday.  I estimated the downrange distance at the time to be
in the area of 700 miles.

My success, and Mark's for sure, is due in some part to our wonderful
geography, which gives us a clear shot at the birds when they are over
the North Atlantic and below the horizon for most of our NE US competition.

Still, it's a thrill!

Brent Taylor, VE1JH
Doaktown, NB  FN66
AMSAT Member #33576