Re: W4J JOTA results

Wow - Thanks Lee - good points for me to follow.

I was at Pacificon, and invited the Jpta Scouts to use the sat
station - first time we had space to set up.

Several came over, but only one took the microphone. We used my
callsign as the contact station, and Scout Matthew made contacts on
AO-51. He and his parents were so excited they came back and Matthew
again took the microphone on VO-52.

Stations contacted were W0LMD, VE6AB (thanks Jerry), KD5MSS (Mark in
Las Vegas) and others.  Matthew had a small problem so he might have
identified as W OH EEC instead of W Zero EEC.

This was the first time we were in a position to have JOTA on Sats,
so we learned that a) kids are shy and b) they aren't as spontaneous
as we are. Matt was very cool and his parents were very excited.

We do it, and we learn from it.  Next year - handouts and maps to the
station :-)

73,

Emily