W4J JOTA results

Troop 393 in Merritt Island, FL had an excellent time working the
satellites Saturday morning as W4J.

We made 11 contacts on SO-50 and AO-51 including NX2X, K2BSA, N2AMC,
VO1ONE, NX2X, WA4HCT, NX2Q, KE4AZN, N5AFV, VE3BSB and N4J(?).  Two
Scouts also got to talk with Commander William McArthur who was calling
CQ JOTA from NA1SS which resulted resulted in a lot of whooping and
jumping around after each ISS pass.  I guess we were the last station in
the footprint because after a quick contact he called CQ JOTA then he
called back to the Scouts and chatted with them to LOS.

Helping the Scouts with the satellites were Don AG4FC, George KF4XB and
me KU4OS.  We kept things very simple using HTs, Arrow or home brew
antennas and a 2m rig in the car with a 1/4 wave whip.

73,
Lee-KU4OS