Re: SSB SP-7000 Question

Thanks for the reply...

I actually rang them today just to be sure and they said that the pre-
amp should be ok if I inadvertently keyed up.

As a test on a terrestrial UHF repeater, on the same antenna it is
crackly with one of the 'led segments' coming on with the pre-amp off
this comes to 59+10 with the pre-amp on.

As expected results weren't great on the two sats, but It did mean
that I could copy some of the last AO-51 and SO-50 passes.

Is anyone working these satellites with 'internal' antenna i.e. in
the roof space.  I'm not in a position to put anything outside, and
by the looks of things, another 3 db or so would get me readable
signals.

I'm hoping to work /P tomorrow for JOTA,  hopefully it won't rain :)

Thanks for all the replies.

de John
EI7IG