Re: Propulsion equations / Van Allen

At 07:07 PM 10/14/2005, G0MRF@aol.com wrote:

>There seems to be a wide difference of opinion about where the belts begin
>and end.

Oops, I replied privately...  But basically, my answer is that I
don't know the specifics of where the belts are, but once you get
over 2000km, it starts to become an issue.

>I based my figures on the average of seveal web sites.  The key figure  was
>that the lower belt ended at 6000km although this figure varied from between
>6000 and 6800.

OK, you _may_ get away with falling into the slot between the 2
belts...  but again, I don't know enough...

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com