SSB SP-7000 Question

Hi,

I was looking in the electronics lab in the college today and I found
a SP-2000 & SP-7000 Pre-amplifier, and a DCW-15B sequencer (in
original packing).  They have never been used and are belong to the
club in the college. I was going to attempt to use it with my FT-847
for UHF receive (if it works I will purchase one).  My question is
can transmitting through it on 144Mhz damage it?  Its not clear from
the manual that I found on-line.  I suspect not, but I would like to
be sure.

Regards
de John
EI7IG