software rig- & rotor-control questions

Thanks to several of you for giving me some good ideas
on my horizontal boom question -- I'm exploring options.
(And I didn't mean to start a metalic vs. non-metalic war! :-)

Now my next question, related to software.  I have download
current versions of Nova and SatPC32, both yet unregistered,
but both working.  I'm trying to decide which one to use and register.

Nova seems the most popular, and has prettier display, but
as far as I can tell, it won't do rig control to manage Doppler
shift (for a Yaesu FT-736R).  SatPC32, though is running the
CAT on the 736 just fine -- nice to see the freq adjust
automagically!

However, for rotor control (Yaesu G-5500 with GS-232B interface),
Nova is working (on a normal serial port), but I cannot get SatPC32
to do anything to the rotor.  It seems to require a printer port, which
I tried, but nothing goes.  If somone that runs SatPC32 to a GS-232
has some settings suggestions, that would be great.  If SatPC32
will control the rotor via a standard serial port, that would be even better.

Or maybe I'm overestimating the value of automatic Doppler
correction...?  I'm trying to make it as easy to run as possible,
so my two Technician children can get on without it being
overly complicated.

Thanks again for patience and advice!

- Dave N0RQ
AMSAT #35947