Re: Grad Student needs help - In search of amateur satellite history...

Graham Shirville wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> The wonderful work done by the late Larry Kayser, VA3LK on Nicads is
> here http://polysat.calpoly.edu/documents_cp1/power/nicad_hypothesis.pdf
>
> 73
>
> Graham
> G3VZV - Turned on by Sputnik 1 in 1957 and also still having

Graham, many thanks for including this reference from the CUBESAT
project as this is exactly why the website was created.  Larry Kayser
was a good friend and we will miss him badly.
      Interesting your comment about Sputnik 1.  I remember teaching
a physics class Oct 6 1957 when the launch was announced.  The signal
was in the guard band of WWV approximately 20.003 MHz and easily heard.
Cliff K7RR  LM 1606