Satellite propulsion thrust equations

Hi folks.

Last week I saw the thread on the South African satellite, which rapidly
developed into a "we need higher orbit satellites" discussion.

I wondered how high you need to go above a LEO orbit to get some reasonable
coverage and scribbled a few 'daft' ideas at  _www.g0mrf.freeserve.MEOSAT.htm_
(http://www.g0mrf.freeserve.MEOSAT.htm)

To take this forward, or to dismiss it as the case maybe...
My question is:   Is there any available software which can  calculate the
increase in orbital height for particular changes in mass /  propellant / exhust
velocity etc?
I've found various formulae at the NASA and ESA sites but there are so many
variables its difficult to know where to start. - Well, it is rocket  science.

Regards

David  G0MRF