Re: Grad Student needs help - In search of amateur satellite history...

I just picked up a book this weekend at HRO entitled, "The Satellite
Anthology" which is published by the ARRL.  It is not specific to
mobile and portable operations, but it does give the history of
Amateur satellites.  It contains details of each and every Amateur
Satellite from OSCAR 1 (1961) through operations in 1999, which is
when the book was published.  It also contains many satellite related
articles from QST and AMSAT through the years.  It is a very
interesting book that I would recommend to anyone who wants to know
how we got to where we are today.

The Satellite Anthology
ISBN: 0-87259-736-9  - $15

The ARRL webstore doesn't appear to be working right now or I would
give you a link to the book.

Hope that helps!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U