Re: Mode L Transverter

Joe,

I cannot confirm/deny what SSB Electronics is offering from Kuhne
Engineering.  I see the unit is offered by Kuhne on their website.  So if
not carried by SSB then contact Kuhne, directly.

Regarding DEMI, I looked up the units in question on their website the same
day I posted to this reflector.  The website had been updated on 9/13/2005!
 When DEMI says their design will not support both 1268 and 1296 that means
they sell 1268 units and 1296 units.  They are not capable of operating on
the other frequency sub-band.  Perhaps you misunderstood?

If you question the availability then call them on the phone.  Most phone
companies only charge 5-cents per minute for interstate long-distance so
that should not break anyone's bank.  I can only go by what is published.

If they are not selling the 1268 units at this time, it is probably because
they do not see a market right now (no L-band HEO satellites operating).
They were burned by the failures on AO-40; tooling up several pieces of
equipment for a non-functional satellite.  I would not fault them for being
conservative about bringing out new equipment for "specialty" markets.

When you talk to DEMI ask to talk with Steve Kostro.  He is the RF
designer.  That way you get it straight from the source.
Best advise I can offer!

73's Ed - KL7UW
Happy owner of over 12 DEMI kits!

73's,