Re: Mode L Transverter

Ron,

You should check with stations that are on AO-51 mode-L, to verify antenna
needs.

I can only suggest an antenna that should work well with P3E/Eagle
(considering no info has been provided about the downlink, yet).  I would
suggest the 45-element loop-yagi (20-dBi) from Directive Systems (get link
from DEMI website).  I used one on AO-40 with about 9w at the antenna
connection with fair results.  This is a 12-foot long antenna.

They do make shorter versions (6-foot) but about 3-dB less gain.  Ask on
Amsat-bb for anyone currently on AO-51 mode-L for their advice.

73's & GL,
Ed - KL7UW

73's,
Ed - KL7UW