New South African Satellite

South Africa in collaboration with other African Nations is to build a
network of LEO satellites.
----
SA AMSAT has been involved in discussions with the Department of Science and
Technology to include an amateur payload to serve the needs of Amateurs on
the African continent.

"Now that the announcement has been made we will intensify our discussions
with the various role-players", SA AMSAT President, Hans van de Groenendaal
ZS6AKV said.

"At this time I call on Radio Amateurs to send in ideas of what payload they
believe will serve the African Amateur Radio Community best.
----

The full story can be seen at:

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/october2005/sa_satellite.htm

73 Trevor M5AKA