Re: horizontal boom

Dave,

  My G5500 came with an aluminum center section.  I opted to use the M2
fiberglass boom kit to mount my antennas on.  I found that the difference
between the O.D. of the centerpiece and the I.D. of the M2 booms allowed a
bit more sag than I liked...  while this wasn't a big deal for the CP Yagis,
it made a difference to my S-band dish during high elevation passes.  I
ended up making "gap fillers" using pieces from aluminum soda cans which
solved my problem.   Here is a link to my current setup for a visual...

http://www.nflight.net

73,
Don