Re: horizontal boom

Dave,

I've been using a hardwood clothes closet rod from Mennards for about 4 years. It has done well.

I also purchased a fiberglass rod  from Max-Gain Systems. It's still in the garage waiting for the 5500 to show up. I think the total price for the 8 ft. X 1.5in. rod was $39.00 with shipping. You need to check their website at www.mgs4u.com.

There is varied opinions as to a metal cross boom. Maybe someone can point you to the web page about this. I have deleted the hard copy about metal cross booms from the large binder I keep important info and projects in.

GL
Mike
K9QHO
AMSAT 33589