RE: Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations

John K6YK and all,

According to the schedule at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php AO-51 will be in
High Power mode from:

17 Oct - 23 Oct
FM Repeater, V/U, High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, 67 hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM

Anyone wanting to try AO-51 mobile or portable here's your chance! The
downlink signal will be very strong and easily receivable.

Remember to compensate for Doppler on the downlink. Start the pass at
435.310 MHz and move down in 5 kHz steps as the pass progresses ending
at 435.290 MHz.

If you don't currently have a tracking program you can find out when the
passes will occur at your location using "AMSAT Online Satellite Pass
Predictions" found at: http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/predict/.

AO-51 High Power Mode is a great opportunity to demonstrate AO-51
satellite communications to your friends and family!

Have fun es see you on the birds,

Steve WI2W
Amsat #19905