Re: Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations

I'd say 95% of the time that I work ISS or PCSAT using APRS, it is
while mobile.  The mode lends itself to mobile operation, since
doppler correction is not required, and the D700 automates much of the
operation when set up properly.   I have had many successful 2 way
APRS satellite QSO's while mobile, even when in motion - though I
prefer to pull over to the side of the road. ;-)

FM phone sats are more difficult, if not impossible while in motion,
at least for me.  However, if there is enough time to pull over and
set things up, it is not a problem at all.  One thing about working
sats while mobile is the dynamic nature which I think better prepares
you for operating during an emergency.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com