From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Dave G.
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:40 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations

Excuse me but I just thought of this :-))

What's the real difference between using a cell phone and using an HT
through one of the birds??

With a cell phone, I don't need to know any technology, I know with whom I
wish to talk and I know how to get hold of them.

With an HT through a bird, I don't need to know any technology,I don't know
with whom I'm going to talk or even IF I'll get anyone...

There it is... the spirit of the Ham Radio,  the joy of venturing into the
unknown  :-))

"Out There!"  Cpt. James T. Kirk

All in fun...

Dave KK7SS