Re: Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations

Excuse me but I just thought of this :-))

What's the real difference between using a cell phone and
using an HT through one of the birds??

With a cell phone, I don't need to know any technology, I
know with whom I wish to talk and I know how to get hold of
them.

With an HT through a bird, I don't need to know any
technology,I don't know with whom I'm going to talk or even
IF I'll get anyone...

There it is... the spirit of the Ham Radio,  the joy of
venturing into the unknown  :-))

"Out There!"  Cpt. James T. Kirk

All in fun...

Dave KK7SS