Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations

Since this "Apathy" thread wont die, I changed my
subject line... here is my 2 cents:

Mobile/Portable Satellite Operations.

If a given satellite or satellite idea cannot support
mobile or portable satellite operations, I'm simply
not interested.  These days, with megabytes of
bandwidths available in our shack, I think the real
value added to ham radio is satellites that can be
used in the field and in our mobiles.

Three  reasons:
1) Thats the only place where many of us can play
     HAM radio anymore (2 hours a day)...
2) Thats where we can serve in disasters
3) Most of us do not have the internet there...

In saying this is my focus, I do not in anyway
discredit others and their interests.  HAM radio is
diverse.  My approach is to push in the areas
where I am focused and where I can contribute,
but not stand in the way of others and their
interests.  But in my mind, MOBILE Satellite should
be our focus.

de WB4APR, Bob