Re: Apathy

Brings to mind the old saying from the late '60's or early 70's, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

George, KA3HSW

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Rahn <brahn@woh.rr.com>
Sent: Oct 2, 2005 3:52 PM
To: don@w-ent.com
Cc: VEFRH@aol.com, amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Apathy

Rather than canceling your membership tomorrow, may I suggest you hang
onto it for one very simple reason--change.  The only way to counter the
elitist attitudes such as this (and countless others rampant in AMSAT)
is to work from within the organization as a member.  And yes, we simple
members can change things!  As members we have two very strong
tools--our votes for Board members (a sad showing again this year with
regard to the number of members taking time to use this tool) and in our

Changes can happen--but not from a mass member exodus.

Regards -- Bruce, WB9ANQ

Bruce Rahn