Re: Apathy

Brings to mind the old saying from the late '60's or early 70's, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

George, KA3HSW

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Rahn <brahn@woh.rr.com>
Sent: Oct 2, 2005 3:52 PM
To: don@w-ent.com
Cc: VEFRH@aol.com, amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Apathy

(snip)

Rather than canceling your membership tomorrow, may I suggest you hang
onto it for one very simple reason--change.  The only way to counter the
elitist attitudes such as this (and countless others rampant in AMSAT)
is to work from within the organization as a member.  And yes, we simple
members can change things!  As members we have two very strong
tools--our votes for Board members (a sad showing again this year with
regard to the number of members taking time to use this tool) and in our
voices.

Changes can happen--but not from a mass member exodus.

Regards -- Bruce, WB9ANQ

--
Bruce Rahn