Re: 435Mhz

You didn't say what part of the band you were looking at and how were
you receiving?  Is it on AM, FM or both?  (Many types of HT's have AM
as well as FM reception.)  How far away from your QTH do you still
hear the noise?  Is it over a wide geographic area or local to your
neighborhood?

We've had a problem here in California that sounds similar - an
ATV'er put in an ATV transmitter on 433,25 which is overlapping into
the satellite sub-band.  You might check cable distribution
amplifiers as well.  There might be coax leaking so Ch 59, 60 and 61
might be causing problems.

Keep in mind that amateur radio is secondary in the 70cm band, so
it's possible another licensee such as the military may be using
it.  I've noticed when certain military ships show up here in the bay
that we get QRM different from normal.

73,

Emily