Re: 435Mhz

On 2 Oct 2005 at 21:56, ANTHONY JAPHA wrote:

> For the last 2 days, following the first AO-51 pass on Sat. morning, there has been overwhelming crud all over the 70cm.
band here.  There are bursts of man-made noise on many freqs. as well as a two tone (high then low) pattern, also on several
freqs.  Once in a while, it's possible to hear a few clear syllables of voice, but not ham voice.  It's impossible to copy
anything on the birds.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What in the world could it be?  (I have only HTs, but it's the
same on both of them.)

> All ideas welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony, N2UN

"-"
Check for intermod and new transmitter/antenna sites around your place. Here we noted a decreased in pager type intermod as
many now use cell phone as pagers, walkie talkie (no more need for HT'S..), trunking like communications and they are using
higher and higher frequencies quitting lower ones.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe