From: Tyler Harpster <tyler881@adelphia.net>
Sent: Oct 2, 2005 6:06 PM
To: brahn@woh.rr.com
Cc: amsatbb <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Apathy

Bruce,

I'm not sure if there's any particular reason I let my membership slip.   I
wasn't  "disenfranchised" or anything like that.  I guess I'm what you'd
call a  "high maintenance" member.  I will listen to whatever satellite my
current radios will tune to if it involves listening to them in my car on
the way to work.  If a satellite requires me to do extra work, I have to be
highly motivated,  highly funded, or on vacation to think about getting on
it.  I have 2 harmonics orbiting around me putting out lots of QRM that put
my operating time at a premium.

For me to think about a new bird, I need a summary sheet for it that shows
me the basics of what I need to get onto it.  Frequencies, modes, orbits,
and whatever other basic info I need to operate on it would be a plus.  No,
I'm not lazy.  I just don't have the time to do tons of research on what I
need to get onto a bird.  I almost need that info spoon-fed to me because of
my time constraints.

Ok...  I just hit the amsat site and renewed my membership!   I have to say,
I like the new amsat site design.

KM3G