At 03:36 PM 9/30/2005 -0500, Rick Vidmar  -  K9KK wrote:

Amen to that.

After listening to the mess on AO-51 I pulled the switch on my satellite
station some six months ago. Why anyone would waste money on a single
channel FM bird is beyond me.

I have moved to a new qth and guess which part of my station was
operational first? Not the satellite part! I do plan for the oscar antennas
to be put up within the next two months. And I will be ready whenever we
get another HEO up there. Plan on getting L band transmit next summer.

And it has always been my observation that activity always slows down in
the summer.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC