VOX on TH-D7 (cont)

Sorry, but the beginning of this email was somehow sent before it was finished.

I  created a small panel of 3 jacks, into 2 of which the HMC-3 plugs fit.  Those 2 jacks are hard wired through the proper plugs to the jacks on the TH-D7.  The 3rd jack on the panel goes to the speaker output of the 2nd HT for downlink audio.  It is also paralleled to the speaker jack--1 of the first 2 --of the HMC-3 adaptor.

The audio from the Icom HT now is heard in the headphones.  So far, so good.

BUT, the VOX doesn't function properly.  It picks up, but doesn't drop out when speech stops.  Very bad!  I've tried to trace the problem without success.

Has anyone tried something similar with success?  Or do you all use 2 sets of headphones?

Thanks,
Tony, N2UN