Re: Apathy?

In my business (software development for the US government) the last
two months of the fiscal year are hell.  This year was no different.
I haven't been posting or on the sats because I have been working 70
hour weeks for the last eight weeks.  My project went to production
last night - I can finally breath a sigh of relief and take a bit of
hard earned vacation.

I am hoping to move forward on my tower project, work some DX, and
some satellite contacts on my time off.  Hopefully, I'll hear you on
the air.

-Freeman, N5FPP

On Sep 29, 2005, at 10:04 PM, Emily Clarke wrote:

> I was on AO-51 tonight (first time I've had the opportunity to work
> sats in a week it was pretty empty.  Someone I won't mention said
> "Have you seen that the BB traffice has dropped off too?"
>
> So I wonder.  Only being a subscriber to the BB for about 3 years
> the seasonal statistics baffle me.  Is everyone busy driving kids
> (and grandkids) to school, sports, (and in Canada) hockey practice,
> or are we really becoming sedate?
>
> Not trolling, but I am just curious about why BB and Sat activity
> has dropped off.  Are you busy or bored?
>
> 73,
>
> Emily

> W0EEC - CM87tm
> AMSAT Area Coordinator - San Francisco Bay Area
> http://www.projectoscar.net    http://www.PlanetEmily.com
>
> Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org
> author.
> program!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
     -- Sir Winston Churchill

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]