Re: Apathy?

Jerry Weihrauch wrote:

> I have lots of time, a nice rig TS-2000, however I can not put up ANY
> antennas outside.  Live in a senior building run by the local HRA.
> Tried a four element two meter beam though double pane window glass,
> just barely hear ISS and once and a great while PCSAT2.  But have
> purchased a Kenwood TH-7AG.  I go outside on passes for ISS, and
> PCSAT2, and PCSAT.  Have made connection with all three using the 17
> inch Comet SM-24 whip and HT placed on the roof of my car.  I will not
> install the TS-2000 in my car, it would get ripped off as soon as I
> blinked. Soon the snow will fly, and the cold air, won't be out on
> days that are freezing and low wind chill temps.
>
> Jerry  -  K0HZI   South St Paul, MN

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/09/23/7/?nc=1 --Amateur Radio
Antenna "CC&R Bill" Reintroduced in Congress

Everyone go write your CongressCritter NOW so Jerry and other good hams
don't have these silly restrictions.

If you don't get involved (there's links to find your representative and
a sample letter there -- this isn't hard folks, and we're outnumbered,
so EVERY letter counts), you'll be in Jerry's shoes someday... if you
live anywhere near any kind of populated area.  This literally takes 5
minutes tops if you're in a hurry.  10 minutes if you take the time to
re-write the sample letter to include personal comments about how the
restrictions hurt Amateur radio in your Congressional representative's
district.

The stats for Colorado a few years ago was that in the past 5 years (and
this was three years ago), 99% of all new housing had
antenna-restrictive covenants that were required to be signed in order
to purchase the property.  And we're a "wide open" Western state.

We have to continually fight back on this one.  Hand your neighbors a
copy of this:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/09/30/2/?nc=1

And tell them without your antennas, you simply won't be able to help if
something happens in your area.

Sorry - got me off on a rant there...

Nate WY0X