Re: Apathy?

At 09:04 PM 9/29/2005 -0700, Emily Clarke wrote:
>I was on AO-51 tonight (first time I've had the opportunity to work
>sats in a week it was pretty empty.  Someone I won't mention said
>"Have you seen that the BB traffice has dropped off too?"
>
>So I wonder.  Only being a subscriber to the BB for about 3 years the
>seasonal statistics baffle me.  Is everyone busy driving kids (and
>grandkids) to school, sports, (and in Canada) hockey practice, or are
>we really becoming sedate?
>
>Not trolling, but I am just curious about why BB and Sat activity has
>dropped off.  Are you busy or bored?
>
>73,
>
>Emily

Emily,

Not speaking for anyone else, I offer my answer:

Leaves are almost gone from the trees, temps are dropping into low 40's
(and below), and "white stuff" has been sighted covering the mountain tops!
 With each day the the sun rises later and sets sooner (losing over
5-minutes/day).  Winter is just a few weeks away from the north country!
So its the time to scurry about finishing up all those procrastinated
projects (e.g. antennas) and picking up tools and other discarded items in
the yard (else they will be lost under the snow until May)!

Soon the world will be mantled in white and the cool quietood will decend
upon the artic...time to stay inside and operate ham radio!  Until then its
a frenzy of last minuteness!

To keep up on the happenings check my website for updates and upgrades!
Hope I can assemble the KLM-22C yet before its crisp fingers time!  "Frost
is on the (sled) puppy!"

cheers from latitude-60N!
73's,
Ed - KL7UW