Re: PCSAT2 FM Repeater Experiment

On 28 Sep 2005 at 19:01, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> This thursday 29 Sept on two morning passes over
> the  Eastern USA, Naval Academy students will
> attempt a special experiment via PCSAT2.
>
> They will watch for APRS or UI packets heard via
> the PCSAT2 145.825 uplink and will QSL those
> packets by VOICE on the 437.975 downlink.  The
> two passes involved will be 0850 EDT and 1026 EDT.
>
> Users who want to participate should transmit
> their packets on 145.825 VIA ARISS, and although
> your packets will be digipeated on the 435.275
> downlink, the fun will be to see if the midshipmen
> can speak to you in response on 437.975 FM voice.
>
> To minimize interference, just during these passes,
> the normal ARISS packet system on 145.800/145.99
> will be temporarily disabled.  This is a new un-tried
> experiment, so there are no guarantees of success,
> but we thought it would be fun to give it a try.
>
> PCSAT2 Command Team
> WB4APR

On the first pass i was unable to hear the downlink the dish antenna was facing 50KM wind gust i try some tx.
On the 1026 pass (still with high winds) i was able to hear Eric during the whole pass and i realized that i was
transmitting at 9600BD!! when he told he was not listening at 9k6 i guess he was referring to me...:(

Even with ARISS packet OFF i was hearing packet burst at 437.975

Better luck next time

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe