RE: OT:736 problem

I understand that there's a common problem with the 736 in the power supply,
where an under-rated capacitor gives out.  I seem to recall that the
symptoms were that the rig starts acting goofy.  Perhaps yours is on the
edge, and as the rig warms up it gets worse?  Mine has yet to do this, so I
don't have first-hand experience.

Greg  KO6TH

Gang

A friend's FT736 has a problem. Since the -bb must have lots of 736 users I
wondered if anyone can help. Problem is as follows:

On switch-on the rig works perfectly. After about an hour, when releasing
the
PTT, the rig will take a while to return to receive (1 to 2 Sec). This
interval
increases until the rig stays perminantly on transmit. Switching off the rig
for a while restores normal operation for a while - then back comes the
problem.

It makes no difference to use VOX/MOX or the PTT - the circuitry is
somewhat complex but he has established that it probably has nothing to with
the PTT/VOX as these signal lines seem not to be asserted. any ideas would
be appreciated.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org